We are one of the largest sports societies at UCL with sporting and social events running throughout the year. Inclusivity is very important to us, and we are one of the few UCL sports societies that integrate the Men’s and Women’s clubs so that we regularly train and socialise side by side, but we additionally provide women with their own separate training sessions and socials. We field a variety of teams, including a 1st, 2nd and 3rd XI during the summer outdoor games as well as indoor competitions in the winter, thus providing a variety of opportunities to represent UCL. All abilities are welcome, including beginners for whom there are specially designed training sessions (in our opinion, the more beginners the better). If you've never played, haven't played for a while or you are a seasoned pro, make sure you come along and give us a try!
- Weekly indoor nets (currently at Lord’s) in the winter; outdoor nets at Highgate Cricket Club and Regent's Park in the summer
- Weekly beginner sessions at Somers Town Community Sports Centre (full membership not required)
- A healthy social calendar with weekly socials held on a Wednesday evening including squad meals, nights out, and trips to watch domestic and international fixtures to name a few. We really believe that our club is a family and are ever so keen for people to make lasting friendships.
- BUCS/LUSL Outdoor Fixtures (Wednesdays and Saturdays throughout the Summer Term)
- BUCS Indoor Fixtures
- UCL vs King’s Varsity (TBD)
- Alumni Charity T20
- Tour 2022 - location TBD (but set to be a big one after we were forced to postpone our last two due to the circumstances)
- Extensive Volunteering and Charity Programmes
MEET US: We will have an online and in-person stall at this year's Welcome Fair. Here you will be able to find out more about our society and everything we offer. Members of our committee will be around to chat and answer any questions you may have about cricket at UCL. We will also be hosting introductory sessions for people of all abilities to get a feel for cricket at our club, as well as an exciting series of socials from the get-go.
- NB: we have just introduced a summer membership in recognition of the fact that some players have not been able to get involved with the club in Terms 1 and 2. This provides the full summer experience without paying for a full year's membership.
- The full £60 membership heavily subsides weekly indoor nets (currently held at Lords) and provides full access to outdoor training sessions, socials and competitive fixtures
- In order to attend our free beginner sessions and join us at our first socials, the free remote membership will be required.
- In these strange times we recognise that not everyone will be able to join us in person so we are providing a FREE online membership to allow anyone, no matter where in the world you are, to join our community.
Information about this and all of the above can be found on our Facebook Page or Instagram. Please get in touch with any questions. We also operate a Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/562844991993885) which is where we will be regularly posting information throughout the year. Please ask us for the details of our WhatsApp group.
We hope to see you all turn out to represent UCL and wish you all a great year!