WHO WE ARE:
- The only UCL sports club to provide one-on-one coaching to all its members, UCL Barbell is the center of all things strength training and fitness on campus.
- If you want to compete or just take your training to the next level, we will assign you a coach who takes cares of technique and programming for the entire year, for just £80!
- The club caters both to competing athletes, those wishing to learn and progress in a new sport and anyone who wants to get fitter and stronger! Our members currently train and compete across the strength disciplines of powerlifting, weightlifting, strongman and CrossFit, as well as those who train for aesthetics and bodybuilding. We also support the average gymgoer who wants to use strength training to progress in their own sport, or for general wellbeing.
- We offer training sessions, seminars, competitions (Novice Comp, Varsity Series, BUCS) and events throughout the year, providing opportunities for novices and senior members alike.
- Members benefit from the wealth of knowledge and experience from our highly qualified coaching teams in both weightlifting and powerlifting, headed by Adam Warwicker (owner of North London Weightlifting Club and BWL Instructor) and Saadat Wadud (TeamUCL Head Coach of the Year and BPL certified).
- And, we're the largest and strongest barbell sports club in London!
- Taster Membership (Free) gives you access to our whatsapp group, events, training sessions, kit orders (t-shirts, hoodies etc.) and possible group discounts with brands such as SBD, Strengthshop and Weightlifting House.
- Comprehensive Coaching Membership (£80) ***WE HAVE NO MORE AVAILABILITY, WAITLIST: https://forms.gle/WqyRgx8pg4bmhny29*** gives you access to 1 on 1, personalised programming and coaching from a coach on our highly qualified team.
If you'd like to upgrade your membership, no problem, just send us an email!
We welcome alumni, UCL staff, visiting students as well as students from other universities, you'll just need to get a Visiting or Associate Membership first through the union.
- London Varsity Series Weightlifting Champions 19/20, 21/22
- British Universities Men and Women Powerlifting Champions 16/17
- IPF World Universities Powerlifting Men and Women 1st Runner-Up 16/17
If you have any questions, feel free to drop us a message in the Welcome Fair chat, on Instagram or to firstname.lastname@example.org!
UCL Barbell Club have signed the Zero Tolerance to Sexual Harassment Pledge.